Professional Standards & Grievance Training
March 28 @ 9:00 am - 4:30 pm UTC-7Free
HYPOTHETICALS—FROM ACTUAL HEARINGS
- ETHICS and MLS VIOLATION issues
- PROCURING CAUSE and COMMISSION issues
- PROCEDURAL matters
(This will be the most important section and will be interactive)
RECENT DEVELOPMENTS AND TRENDS
- National CASES of interest
- CURRENT ISSUES with the CODE OF ETHICS and MLS RULES
BRIEF PROFESSIONAL STANDARDS OVERVIEW
- Duties of the GRIEVANCE COMMITTEE
- Responsibilities of HEARING PANEL members, including PREPARATION, EVIDENCE EVALUATION and preparing FINDINGS OF FACT
- DIRECTORS’ ROLE in Professional Standards, including SHOW CAUSE hearings
John Giardinelli has been an attorney since 1977. He is a principal of The Giardinelli Law Group, APC. His law firm focuses on real estate, business law, and employment law. The law firm represents several Associations of REALTORS® and numerous brokerages, and administers several professional standards programs. Mr. Giardinelli is a certified Professional Standards instructor by the California Association of REALTORS®. He has been a trial lawyer, mediator, and expert witness. Currently his emphasis is in brokerage defense issues, association and corporate issues, strategic planning, and land use.
Cost is FREE for SRCAR members, $50 for other Associations.