April 06, 2015
Call to Order
Chairman, Linda Hofstatter, called the regularly scheduled meeting of the Board of Directors of the Southwest Riverside County Association of REALTORSâ, Inc. to order at 8:30 a.m. The meeting was held in the Executive Room at the Association office in Murrieta.
Linda Hofstatter; Walter Wilson; Howard Dellsite; Joe McGowan; Adam Ruiz; Michael Perciful; Debbie Kosum; Terry Ryan; David Hale; Gene Wunderlich, GAD; Mike Mason; Connie Lynch, CEO; Wendy Whitelaw and Lisa Neugebauer.
Excused: Denyse Wilson and Rochelle Wren.
Mike Anderson and Bob Schuman from Renovate America addressed the Board of Directors on the hero program, property assessed clean energy (PACE) and hero financing, in addition to other pertinent information.
A motion was made, seconded and carried to approve the Joint Finance Committee’s recommendations as follows:
- Recommend approval of the Preliminary Financial Reports (with check register) dated February 28, 2015;
- Recommend approval of the Bank Balance Report dated February 28, 2015;
- Recommend approval to donate to the California Association of REALTORS® Education Foundation for $500.00;
- Recommend approval to advertise in the 2015-2016 Murrieta City Map for $495.00;
- Recommend approval to donate a gift basket to Michelle’s Place-Hanger 31 event (not to exceed $150.00);
- Recommend approval to sponsor the Ramona Bowl Pageant as a Fiesta sponsor for $1000.00(16 tickets, VIP reception, ad in program, website, logo on all restaurants placemats);
- Recommend approval to sponsor the YPN Chair to attend N.A.R. REALTOR® Legislative meetings in 2016;
- Recommend approval to donate Thanksgiving holiday gift cards in the amount of $300.00 each to the following food pantries:
- Vincent De Paul
- Temecula Valley People Helping People
- Community Mission of Hope
- Senior Center
- Project Touch
- Hemet Pantry
- Menifee Pantry
- Recommend approval to sponsor the Hospice of the Valley “A Day of Wine and Chocolate for $500.00;
- Recommend approval to donate $100.00 to the Ronald Reagan Sports Park “Can do Membership”;
- Recommend approval to sponsor the California Association of REALTORS® Golf Classic for HAF $1200.00 (4 golfers & tee sponsorship);
- Recommend approval to donate $1000.00 to the Habitat for Humanity “Christmas Tree Lane”.
A request was made by the YPN Committee. A motion was made, seconded and carried to accept Molly Kressing to serve as the 2015 Vice Chair for YPN and to move forward as the 2016 YPN Chair.
A request was made by the Legislative Committee. A motion was made, seconded and carried to purchase 6 retractable banners and 2 podium covers to promote the REALTOR® Party and encourage contributions to the REALTOR® Action Fund. In addition, a request was made to purchase 2 additional banners promoting the benefits of SRCAR membership.
A motion was made, seconded and carried to approve the consent agenda dated April 6, 2015, as amended.
Linda Hofstatter 2015 President, presented an application from the California Dessert Association of REALTORS® requesting a change of jurisdiction. No action taken.
In addition, Linda, presented a formal notice of three (3) proposed name changes from the merger of the Paso Robles Association of REALTORS® and the Atascadero Association of REALTORS®. A motion was made, seconded and carried to object one (1) of the three (3) names listed. A request was made for the CEO to submit a formal objective to the National Association of REALTORS® and the California Association of REALTORS®.
Adam Ruiz, 2015 Vice President, thanked the Board of Directors for their support to SRC YPN Committee.
Connie Lynch, CEO, reported on SRCAR® membership counts, MLS listings and change comparable report, in addition to other related topics.
A request was made for consideration to remove “Nominated” from Article X, Section 8 of the SRCAR Bylaws. No action taken.
Discussion held on the Associations Bad Check Policy. A motion was made, seconded and carried to amend the Associations “Bad Check Policy” to mirror the California Civil Code Section 1719 (a).
A request was made to put into practice a Grievance Subcommittee and C.A.R. Citation System for Code of Ethics Violations. A motion was made, seconded and carried to adopt the Grievance Subcommittee and C.A.R. Citation System for Code of Ethics Violations. A task force was implemented to structure the fine system. Additional information to follow.
A request was made to put into practice an ethics advocate program. A motion was made, seconded and carried to adopt the Professional Standards Ethics Advocate Program, as presented.
A request was made to put into practice an ombudsmen program. A motion was made, seconded and carried to adopt the Ombudsmen Program, as presented.
Disclosure language was presented for the Canyon Lake lease dispute. A motion was made, seconded and carried to approve the disclosure language for use in required disclosure documents in real estate transactions involving properties located in Canyon Lake.
Discussion held on California Regional MLS handling the process of violation management and enforcement, including the distribution of violation notices, invoicing, and the collection of fines.
Linda Hofstatter, 2015 President, called the Board of Directors, along with the CEO into Executive Session. At the conclusion of the Executive Session, the regular session of the Board of Directors meeting was reconvened.
Government Affairs Report
Government Affairs Director, Gene Wunderlich, provided a verbal and written report.
Government Affairs Director, Walter Wilson, provide a verbal report.
CRMLS Board of Directors
David Hale, CRMLS Director, gave a verbal report and announced and the end of this term, as a Board of Director for CRMLS, he will not return as a candidate.
CRMLS Finance Committee
Lisa Neugebauer, CRMLS Finance Committee, gave a verbal report.
Howard Dellsite, CRMLS Operations Committee, gave a verbal report.
Next Scheduled Meeting
The next scheduled meeting of the Board of Directors for the Southwest Riverside County Association of REALTORS® will be held on Monday, May 4, 2015 at 8:30 a.m. at the Murrieta Association Office in the Executive Room.
There being no further business, the meeting adjourned at 11:00 a.m.