February 02, 2015
Call to Order
Chairman, Linda Hofstatter called the regularly scheduled meeting of the Board of Directors of the Southwest Riverside County Association of REALTORSâ, Inc. to order at 8:31 a.m. The meeting was held in the Executive Room at the Association office in Murrieta.
Linda Hofstatter, Walter Wilson, Howard Dellsite, Denyse Wilson, Adam Ruiz, Michael Perciful, Joe McGowan, Wendy Whitelaw, Lisa Neugebauer, Debbie Kosum, Terry Ryan, David Hale, Gene Wunderlich, Rochelle Wren, Mike Mason, Connie Lynch, CEO and guest John Giardinelli, Esq.
John Giardinelli, Esq., gave a verbal report on legal affairs at the C.A.R.s Business meetings. Discussion held on the Professional Standards, calBRE, pending court cases and C.A.R.’s new independent contractor agreement, in addition to other C.A.R. forms.
A motion was made, seconded and carried to approve the Joint Finance Committee’s recommendations as follows:
- Recommend approval of the Preliminary Financial Reports (with check register) dated October 31, 2014;
- Recommend approval of the Bank Balance Report dated October 31,2014;
- Recommend approval of the Preliminary Financial Reports (with check register) dated November 30, 2014 & December 31, 2014:
- Recommend approval of the Bank Balance Report dated November 30, 2014 & December 31, 2014;
- Recommend approval to make the fourth contribution to the California Association of REALTORS® perpetual scholarship fund (final payment);
- Recommend approval to sponsor a table for $250.00 at the 14th Annual Benefit dinner honoring wounded and returning military veterans. In addition approval to donate a gift basket for the silent auction (not to exceed $150.00);
- Recommend approval to donate a gift basket (not to exceed $150.00) to the Temecula Valley Chamber of Commerce Wine Country Golf Classic.
MLS Task Force
A request was made by the MLS Task Force. A motion was made, seconded and carried to forward to CRMLS Operations Committee three (3) requests, as follows:
- To add a drop down menu in vacant land with options for zoning;
- That all listings that have required field to have drop down menu;
- Ability to add photo’s in a partially saved listing.
(prior to submission to be reviewed by Rob Larson, Chief Information Officer)
A motion was made, seconded and carried to approve the consent agenda dated February 2, 2015, as amended.
Walter Wilson gave a verbal update on the review of contractor bids for the new Hemet building. Additional information to follow.
Linda Hofstatter presented the revised SRCAR Bylaws. A motion was made, seconded and carried to adopt the SRCAR Bylaws, as amended.
Discussion was held on the C.A.R. meetings in Indian Wells in regards to calBRE report on case H4684SD.
In addition, a request was made for updates on the following items:
- Hemet buildings back wall proposal, no report at this time.
- Independent Brokers Forum, scheduled on Wednesday, February 25, 2015
Adam Ruiz, 2015 Vice President indicated no report at this time.
CEO, Connie Lynch, reported on SRCAR® membership counts, MLS listings and change comparable report, in addition the annual Menifee report.
Government Affairs Report
Government Affairs Director, Gene Wunderlich, provided a verbal and written report.
CRMLS Board of Directors
David Hale, CRMLS Director, gave a verbal report.
Lisa Neugebauer, CRMLS Operations Committee, gave a verbal report.
CRMLS Finance Committee
Howard Dellsite, CRMLS Finance Committee, gave a verbal report.
Next Scheduled Meeting
The next scheduled meeting of the Board of Directors for the Southwest Riverside County Association of REALTORS® will be held on Monday, March 2, 2015 at 8:30 a.m. at the Murrieta Association Office in the Executive Room.
There being no further business the meeting adjourned at 10:56 a.m.