The Bylaws for the Southwest Riverside County Association of REALTORS® wereapproved by the membership and effective as of March 1, 2007. With the upcoming
Nomination process just around the corner and the elections for the Board of Directors
scheduled for July, please be advised of the following section of the Bylaws regarding
Qualifications for Service as a Director of SRCAR.
Section 5. Qualification for Service as Director. To be nominated for elective office and serve as a Director, a person must meet the following qualifications:
- Must be a REALTOR® member in good standing whose monetary obligations are paid.
- Must have served on at least one (1) committee of the A.O.R. or a predecessor association of the A.O.R., or on at least two (2) task forces or Special Committees of the A.O.R. within the previous five (5) years.
- Must not be concurrently or simultaneously nominated, elected or serving on a board of directors of another REALTOR® Association.
- Must not be a member of a current Director’s immediate family, unless the current Director’s term will expire prior to the commencement of the term of office being sought.
- Shall not be eligible to serve if at the time of the election his or her license (broker or salesperson) is with the same Designated REALTOR® Broker as four (4) other Directors, including the Designated REALTOR® Broker(s).
- Shall not serve more than two (2) consecutive three-year terms.
- Shall have electronic mail capability in order to receive notices and information from the A.O.R. and the Chief Executive Officer.
- Shall be available and willing to serve on committees and task forces.
- Shall attend a Directors Orientation and a Professional Standards Seminar.
- Shall sign the A.O.R.‘s Confidentially Agreement and Conflict of Interest Code prior to taking office.
- Directors are strongly encouraged to, at a minimum, make an annual voluntary donation and participate in the C.A.R. political action fund(s).
Should you have any questions or need additional information regarding the Qualifications for Service as Director, please feel free to contact me. Thank you.